Goldwell Color Zoom Challenge: The Checklist and Judging Criteria
With the closing date for the Goldwell Color Zoom Challenge on 31st May, there’s still time to enter. For those who are rushing to get entries in before deadline, here is a handy checklist to help ensure your entry is correct:
1. Use Goldwell’s Elemental collection as inspiration, creating your own style.
2. Choose your category – Global New Talent is for junior stylists with less than 5 years’ experience excluding apprenticeship by submission date. Global Creative Artist is for stylists with 5 years or more experience excluding the apprenticeship, by submission date.
3. To maximise your score, remember the judging critiera includes 40% of the marks for trend interpretation, 40% for technical execution, and 20% for the total look including make up, fashion, professionalism and aesthetics of the model and photography.
4. Read through the rules – they’re really important! Key rules include:
• using Goldwell products only
• no extensions, wigs or hairpieces may be used
• photo should be full colour, head and shoulders or head and chest but not full length
• please retouch sparingly
• the model you use can be male or female but must be 19 years or older
• only one entry per stylist, so make sure it’s fabulous!
5. Submit your entry according to the rules, with a detailed description of your colour technique and placement, and Goldwell products used.
6. Then hold thumbs... national winners will be announced in July 2018, and the Global Zoom finals in Toronto will be held on September 30 2018.
Here’s some great advice from the 2016 international winners:
“Showcase your creativity and your professional skills... impress the jury with your cutting, colouring and styling expertise”
“The model is the representative of your style. He or she needs to have the perfect fit for your style. Choose your model wisely.”
“Keep in mind as a national winner, you have 3 hours to recreate your look including colouring, cutting and styling. That’s a tight timeframe, so make sure it’s doable.”
“An amazing overall look is the combination of everything... hair, make-up, fashion, styling. Your style needs all of these.”
“Make sure the photo represents your work at its best. Concentrate on the look, the light, the model. Get inspiration from fashion magazines to achieve a perfect result.”
For more information contact your Goldwell rep or phone 011 312 5070.
Love Goldwell? Like their Facebook page HERE.