Dear EOHCB Member,
With the Republic of South Africa moving to Alert Level 1 as of Sunday, 20 September 2020 at 24h00, announced by the President of the Republic on Wednesday, 16 September 2020 as part of the Disaster Management Act, Risk Adjustment Strategy, the following will be permitted under Alert Level 1 and applicable to the Personal Care Sector (Hairdressing, Cosmetology, Beauty and Skincare Industry).
1. All basin (e.g. head massages) services will now be permitted, which were previously restricted as per the Personal Care Sector-Specific Protocols published on the 19th of June 2020.
2. Serving of beverages and food will now be permitted.
The above is subject to adherence of all mandatory COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
1. Social distancing of 1.5 meters
2. Wearing of a face mask
3. Hand sanitising
4. Symptom screening before entering the establishment
5. Contact tracing management and record keeping
The EOHCB Team